Register

Clean ESN phones still tied to accounts
04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
First I wanted to say thank you for this site because I have used it with creat sucess in the past.

However I have recently started to experience problems with this site. A couple ESNs that I have checked are showing up as clean eventhough I am finding out later that they are still attached to old accounts.

Phone #1
MEID:A100001c7e5353 / Serial: C8QGFKYMDP0V
iPhone 4 8gb Sprint, When attempting to activate the device it says it is attached to an account with unpaid bills

Phone#2
LG Revolution 4G LTE
IMEI:990000440632927
It is attached to an old phone number with and unpaid bill. When I insert my 4g LTE sim it doesn't update or change the phone number, calls can not be made.

I also have a Droid Bionic that is having the exact same issue as the Revolution. It is coming up clean but is attached to an old number that can't be activated. I will post the IMEI when I find it.

This problem just started happening recently and I want to know if there is some issue with ESNs that have been reported in the past month. I have owned all these device for atleast two weeks and it has indicated clean ESNs the whole time. Is there away to clear out these old numbers on devices with clean ESNs

My other question is could this be a potential problem caused by porting numbers over to another carrier? I believe the previous owner of the bionic had his number ported to simple mobile.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
The iPhone issue is a normal one and has been documented here: http://www.checkesnfree.com/news.html?pa...int_iphone

We don't know of any reason why the issue with the iPhone on Sprint is still on-going...

However, I contacted Sprint regarding your iPhone MEID and they said it was deactivated on 04/03/2012 and is clear to use.

If you could provide me with the MEID of the Bionic and Revolution, I'd be glad to look into it.

04-30-2012, 08:01 PM
(04-30-2012 01:49 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  The iPhone issue is a normal one and has been documented here: http://www.checkesnfree.com/news.html?pa...int_iphone

We don't know of any reason why the issue with the iPhone on Sprint is still on-going...

However, I contacted Sprint regarding your iPhone MEID and they said it was deactivated on 04/03/2012 and is clear to use.

If you could provide me with the MEID of the Bionic and Revolution, I'd be glad to look into it.

Yes I was just about to post an update on the iPhone. It was another case of the customer reps on the phone saying it couldn't be activated when it could. Activated in store no problem

The verizon phones are the one that are truly preplexing. Again they are both 4g LTE phones so this might be part of the problem

I already sold the bionic and didn't know about the problem till after the fact because the customer alerted me.

The LG revolutions MEID: 990000440632927 Android Version 2.3.6
-The Device shows up as clean on this site AND Verizon's Device activation page, tells me LG revolution is eligbile for activation
-Has been hard reset, and reactivated with a working SIM
-Phone shows my number as different than my SIM

It is not a problem with this sites ability to check Verizon's database because the Verizion site says its clean. However any attempt to make a call is prevented - unpaid balance, which is not true for my account.

old number on phone might have been ported but I dont know for sure. Is there anyway to clear this old number attached to the phone

09-08-2012, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 11:54 AM by bewenoi.)
Hey bro ! i just same siuation ! the phone now still show clean imei ! but my customer can not activate bez it still tie to the old account ! here the imei number of my phone A000003062C0D5 can u give me a advice what to do now thanks sir

it is from sprint by the way

10-06-2012, 05:19 PM
(09-08-2012 11:53 AM)bewenoi Wrote:  Hey bro ! i just same siuation ! the phone now still show clean imei ! but my customer can not activate bez it still tie to the old account ! here the imei number of my phone A000003062C0D5 can u give me a advice what to do now thanks sir

it is from sprint by the way

I saw you posted this a while ago but I thought I would update anyways. The problem I was having with the phones before was that they had been flashed over to another network before I had bought them. Once I was able to get the phones flashed back and changed the PRL back to Verizon or Sprint they worked without a problem.

02-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Hey there, any luck with cleaning the MEID for Sprint phones? I fell into it buying a craigslist phone that says active on another account.sprint confirmed it was not stolen, but still cant swap it. Sad

02-19-2013, 09:07 PM
We do not offer a service for cleaning ESNs. However several services do exist for very outrageous pricing.

03-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I recently bought a used Sprint iPhone4 8GB off of eBay and made sure the ESN was cleared for usage. It turned out that when I tried to activate it the phone was still tied to an account.

Phone:
MEID:A100002865075A / Serial Number: C8QJ898VDP0V

Any assistance regarding my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

06-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I have the same problem with my iPhone 4 from sprint my MEID:A100003614E60G Serial Number:C8TK1L61DPNG can you help me?

(04-30-2012 01:49 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  The iPhone issue is a normal one and has been documented here: http://www.checkesnfree.com/news.html?pa...int_iphone