Register

Defaulted on AT&T Next
03-29-2016, 08:51 AM
Family member fell into debt and defaulted on his AT&T next plan/account for iPhone 6S and is now selling the device dirt cheap. He has disclosed the situation and I want to buy it and unlock for T-Mobile. Should I do it or will I have problems?

How does it work?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2016, 07:33 PM
It should work on T-Mobile just fine.

04-21-2016, 07:08 AM
(03-30-2016 07:33 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  It should work on T-Mobile just fine.

Thank you. Just curious, will it be blocked on AT&T as well?

04-22-2016, 11:46 AM
AT&T hasn't really ever been known to "block" devices from being used, that were defaulted on. That was always a CDMA carrier thing, such as Sprint, Verizon, etc. This was because of how the ESN was tied to the accounts, and even defaulted accounts counted as a device being "active" on an account.

04-26-2016, 09:35 AM
(04-22-2016 11:46 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  AT&T hasn't really ever been known to "block" devices from being used, that were defaulted on. That was always a CDMA carrier thing, such as Sprint, Verizon, etc. This was because of how the ESN was tied to the accounts, and even defaulted accounts counted as a device being "active" on an account.

Got it. Question, how can I get the device unlocked. Would you recommend any trusted sites?

04-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, that's not something I can answer. I'd advise you possibly look on our website and select one of our advertisers who offer unlocking services, and then let us know on here about your experience.

07-16-2017, 01:13 AM
(03-30-2016 07:33 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  It should work on T-Mobile just fine.

Still?

07-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Phones that are blocked for non-payment are only blocked on that specific carrier. A phone can not be added to the blacklist unless it's flagged as lost or stolen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)