Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IMEI Blacklist
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I just noticed the IMEI Blacklist and couldn't help but to get excited about it.

Will we soon be able to verify AT&T and T-Mobile imei's through this site??

I tested with a good att imei and a bad att imei....got the same result which is why I'm asking.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ray

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
(02-01-2013 02:47 PM)isellcellphones Wrote:  I just noticed the IMEI Blacklist and couldn't help but to get excited about it.

Will we soon be able to verify AT&T and T-Mobile imei's through this site??

I tested with a good att imei and a bad att imei....got the same result which is why I'm asking.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ray

For those of us who don't read.

http://www.checkesnfree.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=259

02-02-2013, 09:57 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you. Figured any questions or information on it would be under the AT&T or T-Mobile areas, but neither had a single post.

02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
awesome, we are super grateful for this service as we have just gotten burned on two iphones, when will it be active?

[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you. Figured any questions or information on it would be under the AT&T or T-Mobile areas, but neither had a single post.
[/quote]

02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Should be this week. Waiting on my API credentials from the service provider.

02-09-2013, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 08:17 AM by StockUnlocks.)
Regarding IMEI Blacklisting ...

We regularly unlock the AT&T iPhone. Our supplier tells us that it doesn't matter whether the AT&T account the iPhone is tied to is in good standing or not. It doesn't matter whether it's blacklisted or reported stolen, they can remotely unlock it anyway.

Question: The blacklisting is suppose to block the phone from ever being used on any network, right, so how are they doing this?

This supplier unlocks thousands daily, we'll never get an answer from them, I know. They are pretty reliable in providing the unlocks, any answers that require any amount of detail requires lots of patience.

We're relatively new on the unlocking scene, only unlocked about 200 iPhones since December (about 20 back in June via eBay). No one has ever come back to tell us that their unlock didn't work though.

Just trying to look in the right place for some quick answers.
Thanks for whatever input.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Unlocking doesn't require the phone to be clean, active, inactive, or blacklisted.

The blacklist is on the carriers side, not the phone. Right now the blacklist is only functional on AT&T and T-Mobile, within the USA.

If an AT&T iPhone 5's IMEI is added to the Blacklist database, the phone will not operate on AT&T or T-Mobile in the USA. Do note, the de-registration of active Blacklisted devices can take time, with some individuals reporting anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 days of activity using a Blacklisted phone before the network either kills the SIM card, or blocks the IMEI from registering.

However, the National and CTIA are working to share the Blacklist Database with the UK Blacklist Database to make it impossible for Blacklisted phones to be usable in the UK if it was Blacklisted in the USA, and vise-versa.

Also, by the end of 2013, Sprint and Verizon will be added to the Blacklist database which will make it even harder to share Blacklisted phones across the 4 major carriers and their MVNOs. This would make it impossible to use a Blacklisted device from Sprint on Verizon, OR AT&T (if dual/tri mode).

Lastly, the data supplier for the IMEI Blacklist has told us that it can take up to 3 more weeks to get the API active for checking against the IMEI Blacklist. We were originally told this week but last minute was told it will be sometime in the next 3 weeks. Sad

02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
(02-09-2013 09:38 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Unlocking doesn't require the phone to be clean, active, inactive, or blacklisted.

[...]

Thanks for the fast and very thorough reply. I completely understand it now.
All the best for those dealing with these changes.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user